Selected question on indian history PART -I
1. In which year Indian National Congress approved the Basic Education Systempropounded by Gandhiji?
2. In which year was the Champaran Satyagraha?
3. Name the Governor General who introducedDoctrine of Lapse:
4. The first British Viceroy of India?
5. The first woman President of the Indian National Congress?
Annie Besant was a prominent British socialist, theosophist, women’s rights activist, writer and orator and supporter of Irish and Indian self-rule.
Born: October 1, 1847, Clapham, London, United Kingdom
Died: September 20, 1933, Adyar
Education: Birkbeck, University of London
Organizations founded: Indian Home Rule movement,
6. The town bombarded by Vasco da Gama during his second visit as the local ruler refused to expel muslim traders from where?
7. Who repealed the Vernacular Press Act?
8. Who was the Viceroy when Indian Penal Code was brought into effect?
9. Who was the Viceroy when Queen Victoria was declared as the Empress of India in 1877?
10. In India, the death anniversary of Gandhiji is observed as:
11. The famous leader whose birth day falls on the birth day of Lal Bahadur Shastri:
12. Who was the Congress president when Jawaharlal Nehru was appointed as the chairman of the National Planning Committee constituted by INC?
Subhas Chandra Bose
13. Who was selected as the second person to observe individual satyagraha in 1940:
14. In which year Mahathma Gandhi became the president of Indian National Congress:
15. Jawaharlal Nehru attended Congress session as a delegate for the first time in 1912. Itwas held at:
16. Jawaharlal Nehru became the President of the Indian National Congress for the first timein:
17. Jawaharlal Nehru Port is situated at:
18. Jawaharlal Nehru was born in 1889 at:
19. Which state was given the status of ‘associate state’ in 1974?
20. Who was the President of Indian National Congress during the Quit India movement?
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
Abul Kalam Muhiyuddin Ahmed Azad was an Indian scholar and a senior political leader of the Indian independence movement. Following India’s independence, he became the first [Minister of Education] in the Indian government.
Born: November 11, 1888, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Died: February 22, 1958, Delhi
Books: India Wins Freedom, The Tarjumān Al-Qur’ān, more
Awards: Bharat Ratna
21. In which railway station of South Africa, Gandhiji was thrown out of a train?
22. Who was the president of India when Bengladesh was formed in 1971:
23. Lal Bahadur Shastri is the first Prime Minister to born in 20th century. He was born in:
24. The jurist who gave verdict in Gandhi assassination Case:
25. The second President of Indian National Congress:
26. Which commission was enquired into the assassination of Indira Gandhi?
27. Which portfolio was taken over by Jawaharlal Nehru from VK Krishna Menon in the wake of Chinese aggression of 1962?
28. Birla House, where Gandhiji wasassassinated, is in:
29. For how many days Gandhiji was imprisonedin South Africa?
30. In his life, Gandhijji was undergoneimprisonment for …… days?
31. Jawaharlal Nehru met Gandhiji for the first time at the Lucknow session of Indian National Congress held in the year____ :
32. Subash Chandra Bose became the President of Indian National Congress for the first time in:
33. The journals ‘Al Hilal’ and ‘Al Balal’ werelaunched by:
Abul Kalam Azad
34. The Prime Minister of India when India celebrated the golden jubilee of its independence:
35. What was the post held by Gandhiji in Natal Indian Congress in South Africa?
36. Who authored Gandhiji’s favourite prayer ‘Vaishnava Janato’?
37. Who became the acting prime minister ofIndia after Jawaharlal Nehru:
38. Who formed the Widow Remarriage Association in Poona?
Dhondo Keshav Karve
39. Who wrote ‘India Divided’?
40. Who is known as the father of Indian Politics and Economics?
41. In which year Gandhiji established Sabarmati Ashram?
42. Gandhiji conducted his first Satyagraha inmSouth Africa to protest against:
Asiatic Law Amendment Ordinance Bill
43. In 1878, some of the followers left the organisation led by Keshav Chandra Sen and formed new organisation named Sadharan Brahma Samaj. Who among the following wasb the leader of it?
Anand Mohan Bose
44. The Mauryan emperor who gave attention to Municipal administration:
Chandragupta Maurya was the founder of the Maurya Empire and the first emperor to unify most of Greater India into one state. He ruled from 322 BCE until his voluntary retirement and abdication in favour of his son, Bindusara, in 298 BCE.
Born: 340 BC, Pataliputra
Died: 298 BC, Shravanabelagola
Spouse: Durdhara (m. ?–321 BC)
Parents: Mura Maurya, Sarvarthasiddhi Maurya
Grandchildren: Ashoka, Vitashoka, Susima
45. The Viceroy when Rowlatt Act was passed?
46. Which event in Buddha’s life is symbolised by Stupa?
47. Who launched the journal ‘Pakhtoon’?
Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
48. Who led Adi Brahma samaj after the schism in Brahma Samaj?
49. Who wrote ‘Essays on Gita’ and ‘Life Divine’?
50. Who is regarded as the first great leader of modern India?
Raja Ram Mohun Roy
51. Who became the President of Indian National Congress for the longest continous period before independence?
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
52. Who founded Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan?
53. Who authored ‘Mathavilasaprahasanam’?
54. Whom the British called ‘the father of Indian unrest’?
Bal Gangadhar Tilak
55. The author of ‘Unhappy India’:
Lala Lajpath rai
56. Which place was a factor of conflict duringvthe tripartile struggle:
57. Who founded the Tatvabodhini Sabha inv1839?
58. Who were the Bose brothers in the national
Sarath Chandra Bose and Subash Chandra Bose
59. The author of Hind Swaraj?
60. In which state Porbander, the birth place of Gandhiji is situated?
61. Who represented Hindu community in theSecond Round Table Conference’?
Madan Mohan Malavya
62. Who founded the famous Hindu College in Calcutta?
63. The leader who ended Satyagraha at Guruvayur as directed by Gandhiji:
64. Vernacular Press Act was passed in:
65. Which Indus valley site is situated near Gulf of Cambay?
66. Who coined the term Pakistan for the first time?
67. Who led the march in connection with salt satyagraha in Tamil Nadu, from Thiruchirappally to Vedaranyam?
68. Who said ‘Political freedom is the life breath of a nation’?
69. Who was called ‘Desh Nayak”?
Subhas Chandra Bose
70. Who was called ‘the Prince of Martyrs’?
Bhagat Singh or Shaheed Bhagat Singh was an Indian socialist considered to be an influential revolutionary of the Indian independence movement.
Born: September 28, 1907, Khatkar Kalan
Died: March 23, 1931, Lahore, Pakistan
Education: National College, Lahore, Dayanand Anglo-Vedic Schools System
Books: Why I Am an Atheist, Canadian Society and Culture
71. Who was popularly called ‘Bengal Tiger’?
Bipin Chandra Pal
72. Third Round Table Conference was held in:
73. In which session of the INC Gandhiji became President?
1924 Belgam (Karnataka)
74. Lal Bahadur Shastri is the first to get Bharat Ratna posthumously. He got Bharat Ratna in:
75. At what age Gandhiji decided to adopt brahmacharya?
76. In which year Culcutta medical college started functioning?
77. In which year the Lahore session of Muslim League passed Pakistan Resolution?
78. The first Sikh to become the president of India:
Gyani Zail Singh
79. The Viceroy when Gandhiji launched Civil Disobedience Movement in 1930-
80. The first Indian woman to become the president of Indian National Congress:
81. India’s first news paper Hickey’s Gazette started in:
82. The founders of Swaraj Party ?
Chitharanjan Das and Motilal Nehru
83. Who was known as ‘Lokahitawadi’?
Gopal Hari Deshmukh
84. The first foreigner to become the president of INC?
85. Who designed the national flag of India?
86. Who was the first deputy prime minister of India?
87. Who was the last Viceroy of British India?
88. Who was known as the ‘saint of Pavnar’?
89. Bombay Stock Exchange was established in:
90. Who was known as ‘Japan Gandhi’?
91. The session of INC which approved the noncooperation movement of Gandhiji was held at:
92. The year in which Congress launched the Individual Satyagraha:
93. The year of Bardoli Satyagraha led by SardarPatel:
94. The year of Poona Pact:
95. Vivekananda attended the World Parliamentof Religions at Chicago in:
96. Who wrote ‘Anand Mat’?
Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
97. The year of Chauri-Chaura incident:
98. In which year Gandhi attended the Second Round Table Conference?
99. Who founded the Poona Sarvajanik Sabha in 1870?
100.Who headed the boundary commission appointed to demarcate the boundary between India and Pakistan?